Sunday, August 17, 2008

And so it begins again...

Last Thursday was our big orientation day. Compared to our other orientation days, it was a walk in the park. In fact, I don't understand why we even had to show up since we could have had one big conference call in our PJ's and it would have been more productive.

This semester is going to be the necessary evil for me. I have to have the material in order to take the NCLEX, but I don't give a rats ass about it. HOWEVER, a majority of my classmates are salivating at the thought of everything we get to do this semester. Either they want to work Labor and Misery (I mean delivery) or do some type of pediatrics.

I spend the first 4 weeks of clinicals in the newborn nursery. Most people in my class would be thrilled because they get to hold babies, I'm not one of them. I think the biggest adjustment I will have to make is working with people who are healthy and I can drop.

I already miss my dirty old men.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Us Dirty Old Men are still out there....................