Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Breakfast, Beer and Baths

BB and I took a long weekend and went to Asheville, NC. The whole idea was to get away and just relax, so no - we did not go to the Biltmore.

We stayed at an awesome B&B called the Lion and the Rose. The breakfast they serve is outstanding. It filled us up so much we didn't need to eat lunch the entire time we were there!

The highlight of the trip was a visit to Shoji, a Japanese themed outdoor hot tub retreat. We did the 2 hour spa vacation. We first showered at the main building and then put on Yukata's (robes) and were lead down a path to our private hot tub. After soaking for a few minutes I found that I enjoyed just laying on the deck in the sun. The real procedure is to soak for 10-15 minutes and then either get into the plunge pool at the top of the hill or take a cold shower localed just outside our tub. Next time we are going to get massages. I figure they will have to pour us into the car when we are done.

Besides breakfast and a bath, we also enjoyed some beer. Asheville has a number of microbreweries in the area and we made an effort to sample various brews while in the area. They were all good, but since I seem to have forgotten which ones we drank, I guess I need to go back and do more research.

No comments: