Friday, July 27, 2007

Doobie-Fibrillation

A few years ago my father had open heart surgery. One of the complications from the procedure is that he has gone into into (afib) atrial fibrillation.

To correct the arrhythmia, he is sedated and then shocked with a defibrillator, which is called cardioversion. Since he recently slipped back into afib, he is scheduled for another cardioversion.

While talking with BB about it I theorized that we could have done it at home. I quipped, "Here dad, smoke this joint* and then hold these two electrical wires**." BB called it "Doobie-fibrillation".

Oh we laughed about that... and then I called my dad and told him our idea. He said it sounded like something the Mythbusters would have concocted.


* & ** in NO way am I advocating illegal drug use or electrocution. It's a joke people.


No comments: