Monday, August 6, 2007

Orientation Day #1

Today one of my classmates said it was the first day of the rest of her life. She was right, we are all entering a new world.

The day was great. We filled out a LOT of paperwork today and listen to some people come in and talk about security, the chaplaincy program and my favorite: Risk Management.

Part of our clinical rotations will be in VA facilities, so we had to fill out all the paperwork needed. I swear I am not making this up - but I think I signed my name more times in the VA paperwork than I did on our last house purchase. We will also have to schedule an appointment to get our fingerprints taken. Got to love the government!

Tomorrow we go through the HIP PA lectures and we get a tour of the main hospital where we will be doing our clinicals.

Making this short tonight, I have to read my student handbook and complete some online education for the VA.

No comments: